What Is a PDO Thread Lift?
Dr. Tumbaga offers minimally invasive facial rejuvenation using polydioxanone (PDO) threads. A PDO thread lift involves inserting these threads into the tissue beneath the skin in your face and neck. The threads are left there and eventually disappear on their own.
Inserting the threads stimulates your immune system to make new, fresh cells, in turn creating a younger-looking appearance.
This system, known as the selective inflammatory response, is the key to many popular aesthetic procedures, including chemical peels, microneedling, and laser contouring.
"I recently had lip fillers done and I can't rave about Dr. Tumbaga and her staff enough. It was a pleasant experience and she is so knowledgeable and professional. The facility is spotless. Her and her assistant are extremely gentle. The results are AMAZING! My hubby can't stop looking at me. ❤️💋"- C.W. / Facebook / Sep 24, 2020
"They've done an AMAZING WORK on me and three of my friends! We love the Doctor, we love the staff! I highly recommend them!"- K.G. / Google / Aug 19, 2020
"Professional knowledgeable and amazing price and service! Thumbs up for dr Gloria"- N.Y. / Google / Jul 21, 2020
"Dr Gloria is amazing, knowledgeable and very gentle . The entire staff make you feel at ease and treat you like family, not to mention they are very reasonable as well . Highly recommended"- N.Y. / Yelp / Jul 20, 2020
"Dr. Tumbaga provides awesome care. She takes her time and recommending what treatments will work to help my concerns and needs. I trust her judgement and recommendations she makes for me. I feel safe with her performing treatments on me and appreciate her honesty. She makes me feel comfortable and has good bedside manners. She is not afraid to tell me that I will not benefit from a particular procedure. I highly recommend you see Dr.Tumbaga for any of your aesthetic needs."- R.J. / Facebook / Jun 13, 2020
WHO GETS PDO THREAD LIFTS?
The PDO thread lift is a safe and minimally invasive facial rejuvenation procedure for men and women of all ages and skin types.
Unlike BOTOX® and injectable fillers, PDO threads work best on the lower third of your face. Dr. Tumbaga can insert threads anywhere, but this procedure is best for treating saggy skin around your neck and jawline.
Other areas of loose skin that can be treated with PDO threads include:
Thread lifts work great for men and women who notice droopiness in their skin and only require a small lift. If you have moderate to severe skin sagging, you may be better off with a traditional facelift.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM A PDO THREAD LIFT?
First, Dr. Tumbaga numbs the treatment areas on your face and neck with a local anesthetic. Then, she inserts the PDO threads in specific locations using a specialized instrument. No incisions or general anesthesia is necessary.
The number of sutures and amount of time it takes depends on your unique aesthetic goals, but Dr. Tumbaga usually spends about 30 minutes on PDO lifts.
The procedure requires minimal downtime for recovery, and you can return to work the next day. However, you may need to refrain from strenuous activities for a few days.
Side effects are minor and typically subside within a few days, but you may experience:
Many people notice results immediately after the procedure, but improvements continue over the next several months as your skin produces more collagen.
If you want to restore youthful elasticity to your skin, call or book an appointment online to talk to Dr. Tumbaga about PDO lifts today.
MINT LIFT OVERVIEW
The Minimal Invasive Nonsurgical Thread (MINT) Lift is a nonsurgical facelift performed on the mid-face. The procedure addresses signs of aging caused by gravity, such as sagging skin, by restoring the sharper jaw line and V-line of the patient’s youth. With no incisions, patients experience no scarring, and MINT’s biodegradable material is FDA approved and dissolves completely. What’s more, side effects are so minimal that patients return to their normal routine immediately after the procedure.
- Preparation: Begin preparing for your procedure at least two weeks ahead of time, especially if you smoke tobacco or take blood-thinning medications. Blood-thinning medications include NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen as well as certain vitamins and supplements such as Ginkgo biloba.
- Anesthesia: MINT Lift requires only a local anesthesia.
- Preoperative Consult: Bring any questions you have about the procedure and postoperative care to discuss with Dr. Tumbaga, as well as your medical history. Also, share your goals in undergoing this procedure to allow the doctor to help manage your expectations.
- After administering the anesthesia, Dr. Tumbaga uses a special suture thread containing 360-degree helical barbs (exclusive to the MINT Threads). These protrusions allow the thread to anchor evenly and lift sagging facial tissues. The procedure takes approximately one hour to complete, and you can resume normal activities immediately.
Mint Lift FAQs
Who is a candidate for MINT Lift?
- MINT is safe for all adults who enjoy good health and have maintained their weight for at least three months
What is the recovery time for MINT Lift?
- MINT patients may immediately resume regular activities after the procedure.
Are there risks or side effects associated with MINT Lift?
- Risks are minimal. Side effects are minor and include bruising, facial paralysis, pigmentation, and infection.
How long do the results last?
- Results last for 12 to 24 months.